Sunday, March 18, 2007

My First Entry!

Well today marks the first entry into a new era in electronic information, well at least for me. Even though I have been dabbling in computers and the internet since the early 1980's, I've never taken the time to create a "blog". I thought with so many people having access to the interent this would be yet another great way to get our message out. I hope this blog is another "Positive Tool" that can dispell some of the rumors and otherwise false information that seems to surface, particularly during a local election.

I've been receiving a lot of complaints at city hall regarding political signs. People are wondering why they have been put out so early. Unfortunately, city ordinance states that political signs can be used "60 days prior to the election date". However, it has been a gentleman's agreement between Central Committee chairs that we should wait until 30 days to reduce the publics frustrations of having to look at these signs for the full 60 days.

If it were up to me, they would be banned completely. I realize that many people feel signs are a necessary part of the campaign process, but I know you are as tired of looking at them as I am and they only make the city look like a giant flea market. At the very least, I think we should honor the agreement made years ago, and only put them out 30 days before the election.

No comments: