Sunday, April 15, 2007

Faith in Connersville.



The quote "Theres' a sucker born every minute" has often been attributed to the famous circus man, P.T. Barnum.



Actually, the quote was made by the less well known, famous con-man Joseph ("Paper Collar" Joe) Bessimer and the actual quote was:

"There's a sucker born every minute..., and two to take 'em"


I was out today picking up some things from a local Department Store and someone I knew asked me if I was concerned about winning the Primary. I responded "not really". He gave me a curious look and I proceeded to tell him why. As I drove home I thought, "If someone only caught the first part of that conversation, I'll bet they thought I was either very confident or very arrogant". The simple truth of the matter is, I have a lot of confidence in the people of Connersville. And I also have confidence in the process.

In a small town like Connersville, people know each of us that are running for office. People here in Connersville know of our history, they know our character, they also know whether we have integrity and they definitely know if we walk the walk, or just talk the talk!

I also think the people of Connersville are a lot smarter then some of the folks running for office give them credit for. While I have said many times that education is important, that does NOT mean I think the citizens of Connersville are dumb! To the contrary, I think when it comes to common sense, we rank pretty high on the scale here.

And that 's why I have a lot of faith in the citizens of Connersville, they can see through the hype, the smoke and mirrors and see things for what they really are.

Most people see what has been accomplished in Connersville over the last few years, the plans we have for the future and will not fall for empty guarantees and promises. We have accomplished some good things here, and I know we will continue our work for the next four years.

No comments: