Thursday, April 5, 2007

Signs a Sore Spot on Many Peoples Mind!

I continue to be asked "when are you putting your signs out". My reply has been "when I am allowed too". A recent letter to the editor took one candidate to task for jumping the gun by over 1 full month and putting his signs out too early and too many. Another stipulation of political signs is that no more then 5 signs in any residential block are to be placed. I have observed signs in un-occupied houses yards, 2 and 3 of the same sign in a single yard, and the most curious, several signs of different candidates running for the same office in the same yard.

This makes me even more convinced that people here in Connersville are nice folks, and don't want to tell a candidate NO I prefer not to have your sign in my yard. Therefore they let everyone who asks put a sign out. I'll say it again, signs do not vote! As a matter of fact, given the phone calls, recent letter to the editor and number of people complaining to me in person, it may actually hurt the candidate who abuses the sign rules!

As for me, I'm happy too follow the guidelines, 30 days prior to the primary and 5 of a candidates signs per residential block is way more then enough time and placement! But hey, that's just me.........

No comments: