Saturday, April 7, 2007

Keep the Momentum Going!

It's amazing how many people have talked to me in the grocery, department stores and restuarants about the upcoming election. Nearly all tell me to "keep up the good work" and "we need to keep the momentum going". I can't help but think we are doing something right, and the people of Connersville are noticing. One lady in particular comes to mind, she thanked me for getting a property cleaned up on here block, That alone she said "was worth keeping you in office". I thought that was a hoot!

It's funny what people consider important when selecting who will get their vote. Some people want someone who will save tax dollars. And we have done that to the tune of $1,500,000.00+ last year alone. Some people want a clean neighborhoods, and that has been an ongoing priority since taking office. Some people want their streets paved, and we sure have done quite a lot of that in the last 3 1/2 years. And some even DIDN'T want their streets paved, and complained about it when we paved their street. Sometimes it's difficult to figure out, but we keep trying!

Everyone is looking for something when trying to select who they will be voting for with their elected officials. I guess the simplest way to determine who to vote for is to ask yourself, who's doing the MOST for the majority of citizens. And who's doing the MOST for "themselves and their little circle of friends". If you've watched Channel 3 TV for any length of time, it is fairly apparent what the answer is to that question!

Goodness knows every decision I have made has not been exactly perfect. Sometimes, when I have been given some additional information, or found that perhaps some of original my imformation used was bad, I have changed my mind. I think ANY public official that is so egotistical that they can't admit their wrong and change their minds isn't much of a public servant at all!

So I'll continue trying to "keep the momentum going" and make the best decisions possible, with the information I have.

No comments: